General Information for Faculty and Residents
Departmental or campus library liaison are available to assist with activities such as:
- Assistance with or provision of literature searches or other research for grant proposals, publications, presentations, research or educational program development
- Assistance with NIH Public Access issues and creating NIH Biosketches
- Provision of systematic reviews or advanced multi-database literature searches
- Assistance with publishing information, including journal impact factors, instructions for authors, etc.
- Assistance with locating Health-Related Statistics
- Assistance with locating Tests & Related Instruments
- Information regarding Dissertations & Theses
- Assistance with author searching, citation tracking and more. Medical Library Research Guide
Ask questions about anything at Ask a Medical Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Training Opportunities
- Advanced literature search training in Ovid or PubMed Medline
- Advanced training for focused subject searching on multiple databases
- EndNote (citation management software) classes and advanced consultation
- Recurring classes are available on a wide variety of topics
Order articles or borrow books online via Interlibrary Loan. There is no charge for this service.
Electronic Library Resources
- Off-Campus & Wireless Access
- Medical Library Subject/Research Guides are tailored lists of resources (additional guides can be created upon request)
- Online Journals
- Electronic Books
- Specialized evidence-based resources
- Mobile Resources
- Browzine (Helps you keep up with your favorite journals)
Ruth Lilly Medical Library Facilities
- Group study and meeting rooms, computer workstations & training labs
- 24 hour access to the 2nd floor
- From the time the Library closes to the morning opening time, part of the library is open to IUSM students and IUSM residents for quiet study. After-hours access to the library is via the 2nd floor entrance using your IUSM Jagtag. If you have access issues please inquire at the Circulation Desk.
- Scanning workstation, fax machine, and printers/photocopiers
Of Special Interest to Residents
Of Special Interest to Faculty
Adjunct and Volunteer Faculty
Adjunct and Volunteer IUSM faculty need to use their individual IUSM ID and passphrase to access library resources.
How do I set up my new account?
You will need the following before you start:
- Your lastname
- Your birthdate
- Your *University Employee ID number
*Don’t have your Employee ID number? Contact IUPUI Human Resources Administration at 317-274-7617.
If it turns out that you do not have an employee number, check with your department chair’s office or your IUSM campus director’s office to verify that the appropriate paperwork has been filed to obtain a University Employee ID number.
Once you obtain the information needed to set up your account:
- Go to: https://one.iu.edu and search for: first account (should return a button that is labeled: Create My First IU Account)
- Click on the button and you should see a form titled “Welcome to the Account Management Service”
- Fill out the information and you are on your way to getting an IU computer account! If you need assistance, contact UITS at 317-274-4357
Do I already have an account?
Check here: http://people.iu.edu If you already have an account, you may need to reset your passphrase (see below).
Forgot your passphrase?
Reset Instructions are here: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ataz
Have an IUSM account and still having issues accessing Ruth Lilly Medical Library resources? Contact Us