Position Announcement: Emerging Technologies Librarian
Greetings! The Ruth Lilly Medical Library at the Indiana University School of Medicine has an opening for an Emerging Technologies Librarian. This is a tenure track library faculty position.
Emerging Technologies Librarian
The Emerging Technologies Librarian will lead collaborative efforts to explore, identify, assess, implement, and provide training for library emerging technologies in support of the education, research, and clinical care for the School of Medicine. The Librarian will routinely monitor trends in emerging technologies and identify possible uses in library instruction and services. As appropriate, this Librarian will provide training in these new technologies for library staff as well as the broader School of Medicine. In collaboration with other library staff, this Librarian must be proactive in selectively and strategically implementing and marketing emerging technologies that best match our users’ needs and preferences.
* Teach orientation sessions, course-integrated instruction, and workshops on information resources, mobile technologies, social media, and collaboration tools.
* Maintain current knowledge of the trends and issues in medical education, scholarly communication, research practice, and health care.
* Provides liaison services to selected departments, institutes and/or student groups.
* Collaborate closely with colleagues to develop, implement, and apply innovative multimedia and e-learning tools, resources, and services for integration with library-related instructional needs.
* Responsible for outreach and marketing activities to promote awareness of the Library’s technology tools.
* Evaluate and integrate new technologies in the delivery of health information services.
* Provide staff development for the use of emerging technologies.
* Liaise with Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) office and Multimedia Technology Services (MTS) regarding educational technology.
* Manage the library’s social media presence.
* Pursue an active and ongoing plan for professional development, research, publishing and service.
* Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program in library and information science
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and instructional skills
* Commitment to working cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels
* Interest and aptitude for technologies relevant to medical education and clinical practice
* Commitment to professional development
* Evidence of professional scholarly interests and potential to meet promotion and tenure standards in librarianship, research, service, and outreach
* Proven track record with web-based tools, imaging and/or video software, bibliographic and presentation software and relevant emerging technologies
* Two years of experience in health sciences librarianship
* Experience providing reference and library instruction services in a scientific research setting
Salary Minimum: $45,000
Interested applicants should send the following: (1) letter of interest, (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) contact information for at least three references to:
Emerging Technologies Librarian Search Committee
IU School of Medicine
Ruth Lilly Medical Library
975 W. Walnut Street, IB 310
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5121
Applications may be sent to Kellie Kaneshiro, AMLS, AHIP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Indiana University is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented minorities.