IUSM subscribes to Faculty of 1000 Biology
You have access to Faculty of 1000 Biology, the next generation literature awareness service that highlights and evaluates the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a Faculty of over 1600 of the world?s leading researchers. Find it through the Medical Library's A-Z list of resources, at http://www.medlib.iupui.edu, which provides off-campus access through the Library proxy server.
How can Faculty of 1000 Biology help you?
* My F1000 (provides you with a personalised literature awareness service, tailored to your speciality, your own homepage containing the latest relevant evaluations and regular email alerts of relevant evaluations by subject area or from your stored searches. Make the most of Faculty of 1000 Biology, register now to receive recommendations of articles direct to your mailbox from the world?s leading scientists.
* Top 10s are updated daily and allow you to see the very best papers evaluated in the last month, either across the whole of Biology, or for individual faculties. There are also Top 10s for the Most Viewed Papers).
* Hidden Jewels (highlights selected papers published in less obvious journals, highlighting important papers that could otherwise be overlooked.
* Sophisticated Search Facilities allow you to run a quick keyword search, or an advanced search by title, author, journal name, subject area, publication date or Faculty Member. You can also store your searches and have them emailed to you.
* Links to PubMed abstracts are available for each evaluation. In addition each paper evaluation links directly to document delivery services and full text access to your library?s holdings can be set up using SFX.
* For more information about the aims and organisation of this service, take a look at the About F1000 pages on the website.
IUSM, IUPUI and IUB are Institutional Members of Biomed Central, an important publisher of Open Access journals, for which no subscription is required. The journal costs are financed by page charges, but since we are members IUSM faculty can publish without charge in these journals. Along with other major universities, Denmark and Norway have recently joined Biomed Central.