Getting Started with EndNote classes are tailored for health professionals by IUSM medical librarians, Sue London and Rick Ralston. Each class covers:
- Importing references from Ovid Medline and PubMed
- Inserting citations into MS Word
- Changing reference citation styles
- Organizing PDF attachments to EndNote references
All classes to be held in the computer labs, Medical Library IB 226 or 227.
|Thursday, May 5th, 10am - 11:30am||IB 226|
|Wednesday, June 8th, 10am - 11:30am||IB 227|
|Thursday, June 23rd, 10am - 11:30am||IB 226|
|Thursday, July 7th, 10am - 11:30am||IB 226|
|Monday, July 25th, 1pm - 2:30pm||IB 226|
|Monday, August 1st, 1pm - 2:30pm||IB 226|
Register for this class (Registration is not required but is recommended).
IUSM - Ask an EndNote Question:
IUPUI EndNote Instructor
Willie Miller - http://iupui.campusguides.com/endnote
Download EndNote from IUWare
In order to easily locate full text of articles, we recommend that EndNote users upgrade the URL in EndNote preferences. Click on Edit (Mac users click on EndNote X7), Preferences, and Find Full Text. In the OpenURL Path box paste: http://rx8kl6yf4x.search.serialssolutions.com and click Ok (Mac users click Save).
If you are using EndNote from off-campus, you will need to authenticate in order to access full text. You have two options.
1. Set up your computer with VPN.
2. Click on Edit (Mac users click on EndNote X7), Preferences, Find Full Text. In the Authenticate With box, paste: https://proxy.medlib.iupui.edu/login. This will prompt you to log on with your username and password when you use the find full text option.
For more information on using EndNote, please refer to the above user guides.
Downloading from Google Scholar
If you log into a Google account to download Google Scholar citations a page at a time:
Save the Google Scholar file.
Change the suffix from .enw to .txt.
With your EndNote library open, go to File->Import.
Select your .txt file.
Make sure that Import Options is set to EndNote Import.
If that doesn’t work, try using RIS filter as your Import Option and follow the same process as above.
EndNote X7 Class Evaluation Survey