Request Articles and Books
The Ruth Lilly Medical Library utilizes various platforms to help bring articles, books and other materials to those
who use this library.
Before you place an interlibrary loan request, are you sure you’ve exhausted all our resources?
Our full text resources are fast and convenient, but they don’t list our print resources:
- Search Ovid databases and use the Find it button to access article full text.
- Search at the article citation level with the Medical Library’s PubMed access and link out feature.
- Medical Library’s A-Z Journals allow you to search online archives by journal title.
If you’re only searching for electronic full text, you’re not doing a complete search. IUPUI libraries still subscribe to
some print journals. Did you search all IUPUI libraries in the online catalog, IUCAT? Use title search for book titles.
Use periodical title search for journal titles. IUCAT records include both full text and print locations.
By Placing a request you agree to follow copyright law
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other
reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other
reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any
purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." (If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy
or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user make be liable for copyright infringement. This institution
reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation
of copyright law.
Need Class Textbooks and Readings? This library reserves the right to reject any requests for class assigned
reading materials. This includes course textbooks and items on reserve.
ILLiad System Information:
Once profile setup is complete your contact and delivery information will be prefilled and available each time you login
into the system.
- Use Online Forms to request Journal Articles, Books, Book Chapters, Dissertations and Proceedings
- Monitor the status of your requests
- You may correct or modify requests
- Request Renewals on ILL Materials
- View your Request History
- Review and Resubmit Cancelled Requests
- Update Your Profile as Needed
- Reset your Password Online
Loansome Doc® Information:
Loansome Doc® is through the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM)
Conveniently order copies of articles through Pubmed with a Loansome Doc® account.
This service is available to IU & Non-IU Patrons. We Welcome your Loansome Doc® Inquiries
Our copy service fees are as follows:
- Non-IU Clients: $11.00 per article base fee. Add $5.00 if not owned by the medical library.
Add $5.00 for next business day delivery. Add $10.00 for same day delivery (If ordered by 1:00 pm)
- IU Clients: $5.00 per article base fee. Add $5.00 for next business day delivery. Add $5.00 for same day delivery
(If ordered by 1:00 pm)
- Eligible IU Patrons may now apply for an "ILL-Only" Loansome Doc® account to order interlibrary loan requests
directly through PubMed. There is no charge to set up or use the "ILL Only" Loansome Doc®. You can retain access
to ILLiad under a new username.
Page Checked Jan 11, 2013